Moving Mouse Extender via Pendrive

Mar 12, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I have several documents and web addresses that I have saved within a folder. I have also placed ME in this folder structure. I have created links to the docs and websites on ME. I now wish to move this to a pendrive so I can use the same ME setup on different computers. When I save the folder to the pendrive and plug in to another computer ME will not start and I get error message. Is there any way to install ME on pendrive along with linked docs so it becomes portable. Advice appreciated. TerryM.

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Hi, Terry!

Thank you for your feedback!

Portable ME is a good idea, we've heard this idea from several people.

Can you please add new issue here: http://me.codeplex.com/WorkItem/List.aspx and put a vote there?

Sincerely yours, Alex.

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Hello Terry,

New version of mouse extender 1.9.6.0 has been released.

It became portable and you can use it from pendrive.

Please, check this feature and let us know if it works wrong.

Thanks,

Alexey.

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:04 PM
Hi Alexey,
I have now checked out ME 1.9.6.0 portability and it seems to work fine across computers and operating systems.
I have it installed on a pendrive with shortcuts to various files on the pendrive. Everything links fine.
Another great improvement would be if ME started automatically when the pendrive was inserted into the USB connector rather than having to run the .exe file.
Is this possible?
Kind regards
Terry.

Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 5:32 PM
Subject: Re: Moving Mouse Extender via Pendrive [me:204745]

Hello Terry,

New version of mouse extender 1.9.6.0 has been released.

It became portable and you can use it from pendrive.

Please, check this feature and let us know if it works wrong.

Thanks,

Alexey.

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2010 at 10:12 AM

If program starts on USB connect then program is looked like a virus :)

Without additional soft at each computer or special OS support  it is impossibleto autorun application.

Anyway starting from XP SP2 OS allows you to configure autorun via specific system file 'autorun.inf'. (this feature can be disabled at system, you should check first)

So create in root of your USB file 'autorun.inf' and configure it to start ME (add the following text with pathes to me):

[autorun]
action=MouseExtender autorun
open=MouseExtender\MouseExtender.exe
icon=MouseExtender\MouseExtender.ico

Close file and try to reconnect usb.

Thanks for feedback,

Enjoy :)