Plug-Ins for Mouse Extender.

Developer
Oct 9, 2010 at 6:14 PM
Edited Oct 10, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Hello, dear users of Mouse Extender. We are planning a new major release of the our application. Most of top-voted features will be included in it. But we see that having all this nice stuff  woul make ME a bulky application. We've decided to implement some features as separate plug-ins. It affords users to have only thouse features which thay are really want.

Following is a draft list of plag-ins which we are planing to make:

No Title Description Type
1 Syncronisation Syncronise tab items on different computers through internet.
tab
2 Running programms acitvation Show all launched items and activate window by click like by Alt+TAB tab
3 [9348] Windows-systray as tab Show all items from systray in a tab. tab
4 [8902] Timer display Have a clock somewhere on the screen. item
5 [8438] Auto-launch apps A way to flag certain apps for auto-launch at startup tab/no ui
6 [6458] Favorites area Items in that area remain in place when tabs are changed
-
7 FaceBook new messages Show friends as items and number of new messages from each of them
tab
8 Twitter messages Show new messages from people who you are followd
tab
9 Wheather forecast Show icon with weather for tommorow (or any next day up to 14) in a city. item
10 Calendar Each item represent a day. (no reordering) tab/item
11 You Tube new videos Videos from subscribed channels. tab

Please, leave your comments about these plug-ins. It would be awesome if you suggest any other ideas for ME plug-ins.

ME Team.

Oct 10, 2010 at 4:47 AM

Thanks for the update Vova, I can't wait for ME2.0 :)

Item #6 is the plug-in I'd most like to see most of all. Preferably by pinning tabs to be always visible (always-on-top if you prefer).

[feature] Favorites area

You can see more detailed description in my post at above link.

Oct 11, 2010 at 3:28 PM

New plug-in idea for ME Team:  Sticky Notes/Scrapbook

Turn the ME UI into a dynamic note taking app. ME could be loaded in scrap pad mode by a different activation.

It could make for a nice visible clipboard + any other note taking uses.

Guess with the way ME works they would be called pop-up notes instead of sticky notes

Oct 11, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Item #6 and #9 are one I would uses

#1 sound good to like for tab with websites
if I used facebook or Twitter 7,8 would be cool

What about Netflix it is a on-line movie rental that you can also stream I don't think it availble in Russia but they do have RSS that can be linked up
to show your queue and what at home, It sould be easy to get the info and create a plug-in to show that
I can send you srceenshots if you need or send me a template to create a ME plug-in and I can work on it for you

Oct 11, 2010 at 5:38 PM

a plug-in for RSS feeds

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2010 at 8:26 AM

A plugin to work with recycle bin http://me.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=230209

Oct 15, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Recently Closed Programs

a plug-in that lists the most recently closed programs.

to undo closing a program, if possible open in its last remembered state

Developer
Oct 22, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Plug-in for alarm or timer. With quick setup. At definite time or after some period ex: at 3:30 or after 40 min from now.

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2010 at 8:24 AM
Graviton wrote:

Recently Closed Programs

a plug-in that lists the most recently closed programs.

to undo closing a program, if possible open in its last remembered state

This could be helpful.

http://www.snaphow.com/recover-reopen-recently-closed-windows-applications-by-mistake/

Nov 15, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I post a Discussion a few weeks ago for an plug-in for netflix but it look like i not showing for me
I look foward to create this plug-in

there will be two ways

1. a read-only that will display your Queue

2  the first plus where you can re-order and add to your Queue this will will have to get permission from netflix but i think it wuold be the best

Dec 23, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I have been testing code to connect to netflixs and return the queue then to move an moive to a new position
I  got it to work in a test app

How are the plug-in going to work  this Plug-in will need to :Add Tab(s), add a setting Tab, use the proxy settings,open a Browser(web browser Control) to login[this is how the Netflix API  works]  ,and also change the context menu when on the netflix Tab:"Add Movie,Remove Movie,Goto Movie Web Page, Play Movie" 

i did find out that NetFlix is only in U.S.A and Canada

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Nice features planned..cant not wait..for new version.

Some suggestions --

1. Clock - multiple clocks, Win7 allows you configure two additional clocks. If all can be displayed?

2. Calendar with weeks column?

3. Ability to drag and drop the URL from IE? along with little icon they show in address bar?

Cheers

-Makarand