I'd like to

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Dear user!

Please write here what functionality you'd like to add to our utility or what you'd like to improve.

Thank you!

Jul 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM

It would be nice to have an option to rearrange the icons

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:27 PM

how long before system functions can be added

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2009 at 10:21 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2009 at 10:23 AM

We are currently working on this, but, jay-minsk (real project owner :) ) has trip to Europe on following week. He is solely responsible for the utility design.

Reffering to the icons rearrangement, I will try to do this after we solve issues with performance. If you have ideas or details about rearrangement, please, comment the issue #5177

Thank you!

Jul 23, 2009 at 11:46 PM

are you planning to add  [Check for updates]

Coordinator
Jul 24, 2009 at 7:40 AM
Edited Jul 24, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Sure, this is the next feature available. We understand that now, while ME is in active development, it's important to keep users with latest version on desktops.

Thanks again.

Created WI #5187

Aug 8, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Hi everybody,

Im a huge fan of your Program, so I wrote my own implementation.

I have some new ideas that I'll use for my program, too:

- I save for each item a counter who counts the amount of starts of this Folder/File. I sorted the Icons. The first icon is now the icon you use the most.

- Additionally I've added the date of the last start of the item. So you can change e.g the background color if it's never or rarely used...
 you can add in the settings a button to clean up the items, which are rarely used.
 So i'll have to add the functionality to say when is an item old: e.g After 2 Weeks not klicking it. 

- I want to add the functionality to define which mouse button to press the menu have to appear. Maybe with keyboard shurtcuts, too...

- Further, I want to be able to drag a folder/file in the menu to add it to it. But i know it's difficult because when you select a folder/file the menu loses the focus....

- I'm thinking about the internet, too. Maybe i add some function to add websites aswell.

Maybe you can use one of my ideas, maybe they're just crap ^^

Aug 13, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Is there away when right clicking on an icon to be able have Open containing Folder

this will open the folder were the progam is and select it  like on a serach

Sep 8, 2009 at 12:03 PM

So strange that u dont have option to change hot key of "show popup". For example i want to set ctrl+middlebuttonclick or smth else. Or even several hot keys ;)

And all features fczfan007 wrote. When popup opens 1-0 hotkeys would be very useful to launch.

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2009 at 11:21 AM

fczfan007,

we like your ideas but cannot implement them fast.

Concerning rare items and don't rare - we can develop it as option, because we don't think it will be very useful. Maybe, we are mistaken. This feature need to be tested.

Concerning drag&drop - we are currently working on this feature. "Pin" button is a part of this feature.

And internet interoperabilty will be great feature, but we now can't realize, how exactly it will be implemented and used. If you have certain proposals, please, share them to us.

If you can share your implementation, it will be very helpful for us to view the features in action. Thanks!

jacobcordingley, 

I think we can add "Open containing folder" option with no problem.

Sep 13, 2009 at 12:18 AM
Edited Sep 13, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Add option wich will allow user to choose weather it would be shown program's icon on task bar or not.

And I also think that it is nice idea with number of hotkeys to show popup.

. . .

Today I  found funny effect:

Steps to reproduce:

1 Open video file in some media player (for instance Windows Media Player or KMPlayer)

2 Press the middle mouse button 

3 Hover ME minimize button

Symptom: hover effect extends on players video area.

Of course, this issue connected with framework, not with ME, but looks nice )

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Tabs are nice can you add option to move to differnt Tab
also add tooltip for the tab

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2009 at 9:02 AM

walash, thanks, we will dive into this issue asap!

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2009 at 9:03 AM

jacobcordingley, you can vote to the issue you want to be implemented first in issue tracker.

There is an issue for tabs :)

Sep 18, 2009 at 4:15 PM

jacobcordingley, ok i'm working on ME tabs now

Sep 18, 2009 at 4:18 PM

here is a bug i seen with the current ME with tabs
when adding a running program it will only add it to the first tab insted of the active tab

Sep 23, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Cool program, just what I wanted, please consider adding an option to launch it by double clicking the middle button.

Another thing is making the app portable, being able to store relative paths to the launched application, please consider adding such a feature!

Keep up the great work, this has the potential of being a killer app :)

Sep 25, 2009 at 2:49 PM
Edited Sep 25, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Hello Alex,

Great app you have going...  I currently maintain a blog What's On My PC... that is a tech blog.  I recently did a review on MouseExtender... [ CLICK HERE ]

Functionality I would like to see added is Tabs (to add categories), internet interoperability (web links), command line arguments, tranlucent effect adjustments, skinnable and the ability to move the icons around... 

Overall, I see this launcher becoming a very popular app...  Keep the development going!

Sep 28, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Hi Guys,

Program rocks, small, portable, great!  Great suggestions by the way and will eagerly await when you have the time for them!! Keep it up!!

One question though how come such a small app can tot up around 44Mb in RAM with about 15 icons?  On another note, rearranging would be great and allowing to leave blank spots would be also neat so as to allow rows with different categories....say a row for internet apps, utilities, etc....

Two thumbs up!!  Keep reviions coming :)

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Thank you for your words!

We will release new version soon with icons rearrangements and tabs, so you can categorize your icons.

Memory usage is known issue, but we can't fight it.

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:32 PM

i have some files that are generic icon [ex .bat, .xlsx,.hta] 
are there plans to have a change icon for a item?

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Jacob,

we are planning, but not having now so much time to have all issues fixed and features implemented soon.

You can start helping us with prototypes or some code samples.

Thanks!

Oct 1, 2009 at 9:31 AM
Hi Alex,

Just my 2 cents, ME rocks but has issues with multiple monitor since the menu does not appear next to the mouse on an extended screen. Keep it up!!

Reuben Grech

2009/9/30 AlexSorokoletov <notifications@codeplex.com>

Jacob,

we are planning, but not having now so much time to have all issues fixed and features implemented soon.

You can start helping us with prototypes or some code samples.

Thanks!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (me@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email me@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Alex

I upload a patch where a user can pick a .ico or an .exe for a icon file
i'm work on muilt- icon in an file now I all most have it

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Alex

I now have it were you can select icon from .ico

1. .exe more then one icon you can pick which one
  2. .dll   more the one icon you can pick which one
  3. .png
  4. .jpeg/.jpg
  5. .bmp
  6. .gif

I just uploaded the patch
Is ther any change you want/need me to do

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Jacob, I will look at your patch and discuss with team.

:) Thanks for code!

Oct 13, 2009 at 2:00 PM

At work I always have a looot of programs open and right now I have 22.

what would be great is to have the MouseExtender, using the scrollwheel-click to show all open programs grouped by programs sorted by title-name in a list view.

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:16 PM
Edited Oct 16, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Dag/move an item to anotherTab

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Jacob,

I am a big user of MouseExtender...  What tabs are you referring to.  I see, no where, in the version that is downloadable, an option for "tabs". 

This is really a great app!

Oct 16, 2009 at 7:01 PM

under SourceCode you can Download  latetes updates
you will need Visual Studio to compile it
Change set 35175   Has Tabs you can drag file from your desktop or explore can rearange items and has a check for updates

I did upload a patch that is still being looked at by the ME Team that you can download  that contains the exe
under Source Code selct Patches and download ID 4158 [this might have some bug the ME Team has not look at it]
it in the folder
me-35175/MouseExtender/bin/Debug

Oct 18, 2009 at 1:31 AM
Edited Oct 18, 2009 at 1:40 AM

Jacob,

Thank you for all your help...  I've been testing (extensively) the version with tabs and have been using it as my primary launcher.   So far, no issues, AND loving it!  This is one of the best launchers I have ever used.  Will continue to monitor the development.  Icon selection will be a big plus.  Moving or organizing tabs would be a plus.  So far, I have no complaints about MouseExtender.  Great job by the team behind this software...

Oct 20, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I notice that the download page
has a old version of mouseextender and I think people would like to download the new version with all the new features

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Jacob,

we are currently preparing release and testing it thoroughly.

You can download test-release here and post comments in this discussion.

BTW, Jay posted what will be included in future release:

I hope in next two week we will do a new release. New functionality you can track by changesets comments. Also we add about dialog, send item to another tab and finish settings for Shutdown buttons and shutdown/sleep/hibernate by timer. Sorry for a long time that did not meet.

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:34 PM

#1 Check new Version Error
-----Error Log-----
ErrorID: adb3aa55-be1b-49c9-8916-76a58bbb55dd
Date: 10/27/2009 11:09:02 AM
StackTrace: at System.Version..ctor(String version)
at MouseExtender.Logic.Managers.UpdateManager.GetLatestVersion(XmlDocument rss)
at MouseExtender.Logic.Managers.UpdateManager.CheckForUpdates(Uri& latestReleaseUrl, Version& latestVersion)
at MouseExtender.Logic.Managers.UpdateManager.СheckForUpdates(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
---- end of log -----
I saw that the Assembly Version i 1.0.0.2 and File Version is 1.0.0.3
you check the Assembly on the program to the file Version on the web

#2 Drag&Drop a new Item dose not work

#3 if running a program as a Differnt user(Runas command) ME Program crashs on Add running program & Settings/add exclude program
Issue ID 5716

also
When delete a Tab if item are in tab ask [Are you sure you what to delete ? Tab]
Icon of the file is out of focus

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2009 at 9:57 PM

You are fast!

Good.

1st item will check tomorrow (we have 11pm now)

2nd - can you explain or propose steps to reproduce

3rd - if there is log of crash, please, show it to us. And, personally, me is interested - why are you trying to run me as different user?

4th - I think we can add a confirmation to "delete tab" function

5th - Didn't get what focus you are talking about.

Thanks,

Alex.

Oct 27, 2009 at 10:23 PM

I Pined the menu then drag a file from my desktop to the ME window 
and it did not add the item

#3 My not Running ME as a differnt user I run a CMD Window, VS as a differnt user
my computer  at work i don't have Admin rights with my user account so i have to run some programs with runas

#5  the icon to start ME is pixelized

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2009 at 12:55 AM
Edited Oct 28, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Thx for answer,

#2 D&D from desktop required Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary.dll. D&D don't work if this dll not allocated in one directory with me. It's work for you?

#3 I marked this issue for myself.

#5 It will be fixed in release version of ME.

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:05 PM

copy Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary.dll into the directory with the MouseExtender.exe and it worked

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2009 at 4:35 PM
Edited Oct 30, 2009 at 4:39 PM

New release available here.

Thx.

Oct 30, 2009 at 5:18 PM
Edited Nov 2, 2009 at 3:02 PM

OK the only issues now is
Check new Version I think it looking on the web site
Version 1.0.0.?  which is not on the ME next release test version (beta 2) or ME next release test version

and the runas problem  this most people will not have a issuse  it would be ok it it not fixed in the new release

also is there any word about my patch for icon selection

Oct 30, 2009 at 5:20 PM

This Discussions is getting long can a new one [l'd like to ?] be made for the new version

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2009 at 5:50 PM

OK) I seen that update not work, thx for report. This bug will be fixed.

About you patch: Alex currently integrate this changes into program, this functionality will be included into stable release, which planed into next weekend. Thank you for interest to our project)

Nov 1, 2009 at 5:00 AM

I'd just like to see another button option besides the middle mouse as that interferres with launching additional programs from the Windows 7 taskbar. Not sure what would be best, but something different.

Nov 2, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Update is good now

Nov 9, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Just download me-38858 Works Great
now can change icon and move to tab

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:23 PM

first time note Should also tell a user how to drag and drop a file onto the window

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Jacob, use context menu on item and select "Edit Item" or "Send To"

;)

Coordinator
Nov 14, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Hello guys!

We are ready to release!

Please check latest version: http://me.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=35167

Details on future release can be found here: http://me.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=35730

Thank you!

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I would like to an option to open/close the cd/dvd tray
here is then code to do it  I would put it in the MouseExtender.Logic.Helpers.Win32Helper.cs

public static void OpenCD()
        {
            long res;

res = mciSendString("set CDAudio door open", returnstring, 127, 0);         }

public static void CloseCD()
        {
            long res;

res = mciSendString("set CDAudio door closed", returnstring, 127, 0);        }

add to #region DllImports

[DllImport("winmm.dll", EntryPoint = "mciSendStringA")]
        public static extern long mciSendString(String lpstrCommand, String lpstrReturnString, long uReturnLength, long hwndCallback);

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2009 at 8:08 PM
Edited Nov 17, 2009 at 8:12 PM

We need to find a place for such a button, this is the only problem as I see

Meanwhile, you can use this program (http://www.codeguru.com/code/legacy/system/cdr.zip) to open/close cdrom

To OPEN or CLOSE the first logical CD Drive:

C:\> CDR open
C:\> CDR close

If you have more than one CD Drive, you can specify a drive letter:

C:\> CDR open g:
C:\> CDR close g:

If you have more than one CD Drive, you can specify ALL drives:

C:\> CDR open all
C:\> CDR close all

Nov 18, 2009 at 5:11 AM

I will very much like that if I press Ctrl+ middle mouse button then the ME window should not appear. this will be very useful for firefox new tab features as it also depend on middle mouse button.

Other wise the software is a superb creation

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Hi!

Can you check this version (http://me.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=35167)?

Because I have the latest at my PC and it doesn't appear on Ctrl+MiddleClick, but appears using MiddleClick.

Another option could be adding Firefox to Excluded programs  (see Settings).

By the way, you can add your feedback as a review to our program.

Thank you,

Alexander.

Nov 19, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Hi again, Version 1.5 is great.

if I am not asking too much, it would be very nice if you could add a delay function and the delay should be user defined.

I mean that if middle mouse button is down for specified number of milli seconds then the window should appear otherwise it should not interfere when the middle mouse button is pressed.

Please Note: If it can be added then please add it as an optional feature and not a replacement for the present way of activation.

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2009 at 12:50 PM
imranmahsud,
Please add your issue to the issues list. We are currently doing development on issues that have most votes for.
By the way, can you explain why do you want this feature?
Maybe, we can find another way to solve your problem?
Sincerely yours,
Alex.

Nov 24, 2009 at 2:53 PM

I just started using ME and I find it extremely useful!  I would really love to be able to skin ME to better match my theme.  Is there any way to do that or is it something that you have considered?

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2009 at 3:13 PM

dansx6

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it. Please, add your comment as a review.

Considering theming ME, we can suggest you donwloading source code and editing the XAML markup. Almost everything you need is placed under Resources directory.

If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ME Development Team.

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Thank you for your quick response.  I did as you advised and I am able to manipulate the image files to fit what I want.  Is there a good program (like reshacker) that will allow me to do this within the .exe?  I really have no experience compiling source code and I am looking for an easier way.  If that isn't possible if you could recommend a freeware compiler I'll figure it out sooner or later.  Thank you again! (since you are using .png's for the background I am going to play with the transparency!)

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2009 at 8:11 PM
Edited Nov 24, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Hi!

I don't know any tool like ResHack for WPF.

You can download VS 2008 Express or Blend 3 Trial.

You will need VS 2008 Express C# Edition or VS 2008 SP1 Professional 3 month trial (see here: http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/)

Here you can download Expression Blend 3 Trial: http://www.microsoft.com/expression/try-it/Default.aspx#PageTop

There is also way to just create a command file that will build the solution. If you prefer this way, I can create such command file for you.

You will need to run following command : msbuild.exe MouseExtender.sln

MsBuild.exe is here: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5

Thank you.

ME Development Team.

Nov 25, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Edited Nov 25, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I need the possibility to change the icon for the web links!

Another feature can be to add trasparency to panel background!

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Hi Carlo!

Can you explain why do you need such a feature? Maybe, we will suggest another solution to your problem.

As far as I know, one of developers is currently working on displaying site icons (that is, favicons) near the web links icon.

As regards transparency, we are not sure if this will be fine with ME design. You can download sources and try it. If you like it, we can continue discussion.

Sincerely yours,

Alexander

Nov 26, 2009 at 3:59 AM

I'd like to see the ability to initiate the program with a key stroke such as Windows Key+F1 which would bring up the menu, and keep the program up until the key combo is released. With this method I can bring up my launcher, quickly load two or more programs that I needed with mouse clicks, and then release the key+combo to hide the program.

Nov 26, 2009 at 5:23 AM

I would like to second the ability to change icon on web links so it is easier to differentiate between sites at a glance (showing favicons would work). 

Most of all, I would like the ability to scroll through tabs using the scroll wheel on my mouse.  That would be amazing.  It takes to long to try to click on the small patch for each tab.

It would also be nice if icons had to fill up every available space.  Right now I can't organize by row unless each row has the same number or element.  It would be nice to have the first row be webbrowser, the second row be text editors, the last row be IM clients. etc.  If you can add this as an option it would be great.

Overall, I love mouse extender.  Thanks so much!

Nov 26, 2009 at 10:18 AM
AlexSorokoletov wrote:

Hi Carlo!

Can you explain why do you need such a feature? Maybe, we will suggest another solution to your problem.

As far as I know, one of developers is currently working on displaying site icons (that is, favicons) near the web links icon.

As regards transparency, we are not sure if this will be fine with ME design. You can download sources and try it. If you like it, we can continue discussion.

Sincerely yours,

Alexander

Like rabbity4 I would like to change icon on web links to make easy to differentiate between sites (favicons are OK).

I think that trasparency (to setup from settings) is perfect for ME design!!! I'm not a programmer...

Nov 26, 2009 at 12:18 PM
Edited Nov 26, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Could we please switch tabs using the mouse wheel ? If you want to be efficient you need to organize your stuff in tabs, but it takes an additional click on a small button to dig into the other tabs. Using the scroll wheel would be 10 times easier ...

L.E.: I tried binding my Windows Key and it doesn't work. The only ones to work are Alt / Shift or Ctrl. Can we have any key cobination or key-mouse combination ?

For example i want to use Windows+Middle Click or Shift+Q or maybe even R+Right Click.

Nov 26, 2009 at 5:19 PM
Doomlord wrote:

Could we please switch tabs using the mouse wheel ? If you want to be efficient you need to organize your stuff in tabs, but it takes an additional click on a small button to dig into the other tabs. Using the scroll wheel would be 10 times easier ...

L.E.: I tried binding my Windows Key and it doesn't work. The only ones to work are Alt / Shift or Ctrl. Can we have any key cobination or key-mouse combination ?

For example i want to use Windows+Middle Click or Shift+Q or maybe even R+Right Click.

I was just about to suggest this. The options to change tabs with the mouse wheel, like in Magic Formation. have you used MF? It does exactly this but has not been update in a while.

Nov 26, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Is there a chance you guys could add mouse gestures?. Like if you draw a circle an it would show up instead of middle click.

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2009 at 8:23 PM
Edited Nov 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Hello!

arekkusu82, do you really need mouse gestures? If so, we can do some research. From you we will need to create an issue (http://me.codeplex.com/WorkItem/List.aspx).

Doomlord, we are going to include scrolling tabs by wheels in next update.

rabbity4, such an option you mentioned (arranging by icon types) is possible, but I cannot say will it be developed or not or when. Please, create an issue - we will see the votes and make decision.

Thank you,

Alexander

Nov 27, 2009 at 9:13 PM
Edited Nov 27, 2009 at 9:15 PM

I would like to have mouse gestures but could conform with having keys combination as the hotkey like in this feature request. Would prefer to have the option to use Middle-Click + Right-Click as my hotkey.

http://me.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=6398

I will put the mouse gesture up for voting to see what other people think about the idea.

Thanks for listening to our requests.

Alex. (I'm a Alexander too)

Nov 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM

What about the key/mouse combinations ?

Nov 27, 2009 at 10:24 PM
Doomlord wrote:

What about the key/mouse combinations ?

There's an item on the Issue Tracker for this. You can vote if you like. I already did.

http://me.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=6398

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM
Edited Dec 1, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Loving this software...

Suggestion: Would it be possible to have the option of having the "tooltip" as actual text underneath the icon. I like to have several shortcuts to folders on ME, but I sometimes have to hover over each and wait for the tooltip to come up before I'm reminded of what the folder is again.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:19 PM

can there be an area where an item can placed that is not in a tab like a  Favorites area
so if i change tabs these items are all was there to click on
like the system buttons

Dec 2, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Really love this program, it's just good at what it does :)

With a multiple screen setup, would it be possible to have the application launch on the screen Mouse Extender is opened up in?

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2009 at 8:26 PM
Edited Dec 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Sorry for long response time, guys!

Let's begin.

Mukoan, yes, this is quite healthy idea, create an issue, this will help both us and you track the progress of development.

Update: I found that the issue already exists. [feature] Permanent Icon Title So, you can vote for it or leave comment.

Jacob, how are you? Hope, all is good. Your proposal sounds great, but it seem it will be in subsequent releases. Create an issue, please, too. We need to discuss how it will work, and I think issue comments is best place to do it.

Champdood, I think this is possible. If it's easy to do, I will do it today or tomorrow. Otherwise, it will be in next release. And, yes, I will ask you to create the issue too.

Thank you!

Sincerely yours, Alex.

Dec 12, 2009 at 3:47 PM
Edited Dec 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I just stared to use ME afew days ago... absolutely love it the moment i used it.

I have a suggestion. I would like to be able to re-color tabs, maybe add a color pallet under the 'tab title' text field when editing tab.

Also the ability rearrange them too would be great.

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2009 at 3:25 PM

mcta,

thanks for feedback!

You can download source code and recolor tabs and recompile.

If you cannot do that, I can do that for you. I just need from you to list the colors in HEX ;)

Considering rearrangement....This can be done using renaming, adding new tabs, moving the items to new tabs and deleting old.

I don't think that people will use the "tabs rearrangement" frequently, thus, no great need to develop this feature. At least now. Maybe in later releases it will be available.

So, I'd like you to add new issue here to track the lifecycle of the feature.

Thanks!

Alexander.

Dec 18, 2009 at 10:43 PM

can you add away to show number of unread e-mail from outlook?

Dec 20, 2009 at 3:02 PM
Hi. My request is to be able to define the number of Rows as well as Columns. So instead of only having a ribbon, you could have an X by Y matrix, just to have more space in a compact area in the panel to put shortcuts if you want. The number of rows would be stored in the settings like "icons in row." Perhaps saying "number of rows" and "number of columns." Thank you.
Coordinator
Dec 21, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Hello!

Jacob, it's easy to extract number of unread messages from Outlook. The only concern is dependency from outlook (which will be added) and way to display the number.

Win7x64, your idea is interesting. There is some problem with implementing it. All our ME layout model is based in WrapPanel (panel that moves new content on the next line when there is no space on current). So, in order to make this change, we have to refine all our layout calculations, etc. It's huge amount of work and, it's sad, we have no such time now.

Please, add your request as an issue - maybe in next release we will implement this.

And there is other moment to consider. If this feature is needed only by you, there is no sense in doing this. So, all the features are now rated by votes. And votes is a on objective value that shows how much people need this feature.

Sincerely yours, Alex.

Dec 31, 2009 at 7:26 AM

Keyboard shortcut for ME without mouse integration as well. Mouse integration is great, but it be more useful if there is just keyboard shortcut for ME as well.

Sorry, I have created a thread just a minute ago about this.

Thanks,

Stan

Dec 31, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Please vote here: http://me.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=6398

Dec 31, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Perhaps a Tab of currently running programs to click to and focus, maximise or possibly move to cursor option?  *currently in task bar
When dealing with multiple monitors its nice

Thank you!

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:02 AM

Agree dude. I voted for that! Looking forward to see this feature in the next release :P

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Hello!

It's seems that you are completely independent :)

MonkOfTheFunk, you can vote here: http://me.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=6842

Also, you can add comments there.

ME Team

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Hi. This program is great, finally there's an elegant and functional launcher for everything a man could ever need.

I have only one request - could you add "Always on top" function?

Thank you!

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Hi jazaa!

There is such option! You should click on first button of those three in the right upper corner. It's called "Pin to desktop".

Sincerely yours, Alex

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:50 AM
Hi Alex,
Is there any hope for us about keyboard shortcut option?
Thank you,

Stan

AlexSorokoletov wrote:

Hi jazaa!

There is such option! You should click on first button of those three in the right upper corner. It's called "Pin to desktop".

Sincerely yours, Alex

Jan 4, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Oh, thank you! But is there any way to make it stay on top of Google Desktop Sidebar? If not, then it's okay, I'll just have to start using shortcut for ME.

And thank you again for your effort and work!

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Hello jazaa!

As I know, there is no way to stay it on top of Google Sidebar

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:34 PM

It would be nice if mouse extender changed tabs without clicking the mouse (just by "floating" with mouse pointer over them).

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:38 PM

It would be nice if I could click more than one item after each other without the need to reactivate mouse extender (e.g. by holding a configurable key while clicking).

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:41 PM

It would be nice if I could rearrange the order my tabs are displayed by mouse extender.

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:46 PM

It would be nice if every system button could be configured by the user to one of the following:

- already implemented functions.

- Lock computer.

- Activate screensaver.

Jan 8, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Hello, it would be nice to have this program in Spanish too. If you would like help with that, I'd be more than grateful to help you.

Nice work!!!

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback!
We were busy a little, so didn't answer nobody.

Paraense, currently, situation is following:

1. One can change tabs with scrolling

2. No option like that. Please, create new Issue (http://me.codeplex.com/WorkItem/List.aspx), we will see how much people need it and then decide to implement.

3. You cannot rearrange tabs from UI now, but you can do it in MouseExtender.cfg file. It's simple XML file. But, please, make backup before making any modifications.

4. Please, create one more issue for configuring system buttons. Currently, to lock computer you can use workaround described here: http://me.krv7.net/faq/#i_want_to_lock_my_desktop

Hayawata, you can look at "Localization" thread here: http://me.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=76750

Sincerely yours, Alex.

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Alex, I've already checked the Spanish translation at google spreadsheet. I've only two questions: Timer_ScaleDown and Timer_ScaleUp, what do they mean? I couldn't find them using the application...

Regards,

Hayawata.

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Hi, Hayawata!

Timer_ScaleDown means "increase time period displayed in slider". When you are postponing action (reboot, shutdown or sleep) you can select timeout on which the action will be executed. There is a slider there. Slider is using minutes by default. But you can "increase" scale, switching to hours or days, for example.

Alex.

Jan 26, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Hi, Alex.

I'm done with the Spanish translation. Thankyou for the opportunity, it's a great program!!! Keep it up!!!

Hayawata.