Glow effect does not work after locking/unlocking windows session

Sep 9, 2009 at 11:28 AM

There is an interestring behavior. I don't know exact reason for this but still it happens. I'm using Windows XP.

Oct 19, 2009 at 10:17 PM

it is more then just the glow effect

I found this Issue 5871

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Hello, guys!

Can you check if this update helps http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937106/en-us ?

Because, on VMWare it doesn't help :(

And, if you are interested, the issue originates from layered windows implementation in WPF on XP/2k3

Nov 3, 2009 at 8:33 PM

I Installed the hotfix and rebooted my computer but it fix the problem

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Sounds great!

And, also, I have found the way to fix this issue without installing hotfix.

Will complete in few days ;) with applying your patch about changing icons

Nov 26, 2009 at 10:11 AM

This product is excellent... I love it... but I feel this particular issue needs to be revisited. At work I'm constantly locking my screen... and this issue is a pain to get around. This is the ONLY thing that is stopping me from using it. Eveytime I unlock my screen I either need to restart the app or add and remove system properties, etc... which is too cumbersome. Will this be addressed in later issues? (Note that switching tabs doesn't resolve the problem). Apart from that it's extremely useful. Thanks.

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Hi mukoan,

Thank you for your warm words, you can leave them as a review to the project (http://me.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=30128#ReviewsAnchor)

What OS  and version of ME do you have?

If you have ME 1.5.0.0 and XP or 2k3 then we suggest you to update ME to version 1.5.0.1.

Sincerely yours, Alex.

Nov 28, 2009 at 11:57 AM
Edited Nov 28, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Thanks for the quick response Alex. Version 1.5.0.1 has fixed my problem. I will be sure to leave a review. Thanks again and great work.

Cheers.

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Okay, this sounds great!

Don't hesitate to ask anything else

Sincerely yours,

Alex