Mouse Extender 1.5 dissapearing

Nov 18, 2009 at 8:55 PM
Edited Nov 18, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Hello,

I just upgraded to the 1.5 version and am very impressed! The ability to re-arrange the icons is fantastic. I also really like the tabs. I am seeing an issue where sometimes it is hard to get ME to "stay up". Basically, it often pops up and then immediately dissapears before I can select anything. I then have to keep hitting the mouse button several times before it finally stays up and alows me to use it. It may be affected by how 'busy' the computer is but I have not been able to deermine this for sure. Is this something others are seeing or is my mouse just too sensitive? I have Windows 7 and am using a Logitech Anywhere MX mouse.

I have thought of a few suggestions based on the new release. It would eventually be nice to be able to rearrange the tabs. I think it would be very helpful to somehow be able to visually differntiate the tabs such as by icons or some other method.  When you have quite a few, you have to click through them all to find the one you want.

Would it be possible to activate ME through a middle mouse double click? That way, you would always have the normal middle mouse available for other programs without having to set exceptions in ME.

Great work!

Danny

Nov 18, 2009 at 11:02 PM

I have See this to but after a few clicks on clicking on the tray icon it is fixed

I will watch for this and post it.

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:20 AM

Ok,

Also, I thought it would be nice to be able to add Win 7 jump list functionality to the icons though I don't know if that is possible.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Hi!

Guys, you are great! :)

Hm, let's start from the begging.

We have Win7 at home too, but I personally have 7260 build (beta or RC, donno).

I didn't found any issues with popping ME up. I have logitech mouse too, so does Evgeny (jay_minsk). Maybe the reason is in installed drivers for mouse? Do you have any?

With doubleclick there are some problems with implementations, but we will consider for sure it in next release.

Jumplist, yes, it's great feature in Windows 7 but as you see, we don't show ME icon in taskbar. Showing it all time in taskbar will provide more "visual noise" at your desktop. And using jumplists without showing ME in taskbar is not possible.

If you have some specific ideas about jumplist, it's time to share them! :)

Thank you.

Alex.

Nov 24, 2009 at 6:47 PM

I personally would pin ME to the taskbar without hesitation if it enabled jumplists--oh wait, I already have it pinned because of the frequent times it fails to come up =). Seriously though I would find that a small price to pay for jumplists. Double-click or click and hold are all good options so whatevere you settle on seems fine to me. I saw another utility recently that used a combo of middle and right mouse button to activate it and that might not be a bad choice either but I'll let some others chime in on what they would like to see.

Nov 26, 2009 at 12:07 AM

it happens to me after running the timed function to sleep auto sleep in x amount of time

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Jacob, can you describe it in details?

Currently I see following workflow:

1. run ME

2. all is okay,

3. you put to sleep your PC using ME

4. you wake up your PC.

5. ME crashes.

Is this correct?

Sincerely yours, Alexander

Nov 30, 2009 at 4:23 PM

it did not crashes it will just make Window not stay opened
I notice that it only happend when it was in debug mode.
I try to repeat and could not with the latest version

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Jacob,

latest update contains fix for lock/unlock and hibernate/resume, maybe, this part especially helped.

Waiting for news from you,

Alex.

Dec 3, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I have not see it dissapearing after I udated
but I will keep an eye on it

Dec 3, 2009 at 5:14 PM

For me it still does not come up reliably. It often flashes up for a second and then dissapears and I have to keep hitting the mouse button several times for it to come up and stay. Sometimes I even have to launch it again for it to come up but that is less often. So at least for me the issue has not been resolved yet.

Danny

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2009 at 12:47 PM
danwdoo wrote:

For me it still does not come up reliably. It often flashes up for a second and then dissapears and I have to keep hitting the mouse button several times for it to come up and stay. Sometimes I even have to launch it again for it to come up but that is less often. So at least for me the issue has not been resolved yet.

Danny

Danny,

Can you please specify what system do you have (CPU, OS version and type (x86 or x64), RAM, Video, HDD, Monitor size, version of ME you have installed) and how many megs ME takes from RAM when running.

Ah, do you have any mouse-related programs installed (mouse drivers, utilities, etc)?

I hope this information will help us with finding the reason of such behavior.

Sincerely yours,

Alexander

Dec 4, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Hi Alexander,

Here are my laptop specs:

Intel Pentium M 1.6GH

Windows 7 Ultimate (x86)

1.5GB RAM

ATI Radeon 9600 PRO

Western Digital 120GB HD with 18GB Free

Screen is 15.4" 1600X1050

ME is version 1.6.0.0

Logitech Anywhere MX Mouse including Logitech setpoint 4.80.103

Basic behavior:

1) ME menu Often flashes on the screen for a second before dissapearing and sometimes takes multiple clicks before it stays

2) ME sometimes won't come up at all and I have to hit the shortcut on the taskbar

3) Sometimes crashes when accessing settings and has to be re-launched.

4) Menu often appears spaced some distance from the mouse pointer.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Danny, I think I got the reason!

Can you try uninstalling Setpoint software?

Or disabling it?

Because, we have issue with logitech software working with ME.

[bug] MouseExtender plays bad with Logitech Setpoint Event Manager Software

Alexander.

Dec 4, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Hi Alexander,

I performed an end task on setpoint but did not see a significant change in the behavior. I'm not sure if there is any additional steps I need to do to remove any Logitech influences here.

Danny

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Danny,

I don't know if this will help, but if you have spare time you can try uninstalling Setpoint completely.

At current moment I have no right ideas how they are related and how to fix it.

Alexander.

Dec 5, 2009 at 1:08 AM

Hi Alexander,

I will test this when I get a chance and let you know the results.

Danny

From: AlexSorokoletov [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 1:19 PM
To: danwdoo@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Mouse Extender 1.5 dissapearing [me:75519]

Danny,

I don't know if this will help, but if you have spare time you can try uninstalling Setpoint completely.

At current moment I have no right ideas how they are related and how to fix it.

Alexander.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (me@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email me@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com