Works on win7 x64 with a slight problem

Dec 10, 2009 at 4:31 PM
Edited Dec 10, 2009 at 4:37 PM

I extracted mouseextender to a new folder in programs(86) and created a shortcut on desktop. Program crashed when saving settings. Workaround: run shortcut as Administrator (context menu) - no problem. Added shortcut to a program no problem.

Looks very good - well put together.

win7x64

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Hello!

I have x64 too, but with UAC disabled.

Thanks for pointing the issue out!

Alexander.

Dec 12, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Hi Alexander,

You must be surprised that someone would run Windows 7 without disabling UAC!  Now I have another problem.  I think UAC is interfering with autostart of ME and ME will not start autostartedly.  When I run it from a desktop shortcut, UAC comes up.  I understand that a workaround at this point is to disable UAC.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Dear Win7x64

I'm not surprised :)

I suppose this will help you.

There are 2 methods that can be used.
1. Right click the executable file, select properties. From there select the Compatibility Tab and check the box for using a different OS Mode. There use the drop down menu to select the OS of choice. Then check the box for Run as Admin (simply as a precaution, might not be needed for all apps). Click okay and then run the application as normal.
2. Right click the executable select the Troubleshoot Compatibility Option. This will guide you to how the program should be run and give you the option to run it in the preferred OS Mode.

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:05 PM
Hi Alexander, I was getting the "program x has stopped working... etc." error. I right-clicked on the mouseextender installation folder, chose "security" and gave all users full rights (including write). Anyway, it just autoran ok and hopefully will stay that way. Thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Hi!

It's great that you managed it to autorun.

Alex.