Cannot activate the program

Dec 14, 2009 at 5:33 AM

When I activate MouseExtender by clicking on the program icon and the program window is active on the screen I can  move the mouse pointer around and summon the program by clicking the predefined mouse button and have the program window snap to where the mouse pointer is located. But, as soon as I click on any other window and the MouseExtender window disappears it does not pop up when I click the predefined mouse button. What am I missing?

Dec 14, 2009 at 1:01 PM

After some experimentation I realized that it works well with all program windows except for Firefox and Outlook. Any idea what the problem is?

Dec 14, 2009 at 3:11 PM

if you click off the MouseExtender window  it will disapperar unless you Click the pin at the top

I Have Outlook on it and it work with no problems.  look at the loctation of the program right outlook program and go to Edit Item
What is in the File TextBox,  My has  [C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE]

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2009 at 3:20 PM

point618,

I don't know what to say. What's your OS is and do you have any programs that use mouse like ME?

We have tested it on XP-2k3-2k8-Vista-7 with no problems with outlook and firefox.

Dec 14, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I'm using Windows 7. My mouse is logitech MX Revolution. The program seems to work properly when the mouse is over many window programs. I have only tested it over some of the window programs that I use. But for some reason when I use the predefined click over Firefox or Outlook 2007 or Word 2007 it does not invoke MouseExtender . I have discovered MouseExtender a couple of days ago and I love it. I want it so much to work. In fact I can still use it with an extra click. I found that if I click the mouse on the taskbar and then perform the predefined click it always works.

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2009 at 8:55 AM

point618,

Can you try disabling Logitech SetPoint software if you have such.

Alex.

Dec 15, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Success. When I exit Logitech's mouse control program it all works just fine!!! Even over 'Word" or 'Firefox'.

Now, I have another problem. Microsoft Office icons are somewhat different to normal icons. But, when I drag them to MouseExtender they don't work. After clicking on them they change to a 'stop sign hand' symbol.

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Hello :)

That's good, the issue with SetPoint is well known.

Try addding the MS applications using "Add running program".

Alex.

Dec 16, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Yep, "Add running program" solves the other problem.  Thanks.

Any chance of solving the Logitech conflict? It would be nice to have both programs active at the same time.

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2009 at 10:04 PM

No problem.

Yes, there is a chance actually.

But we have no time now trying reproduce. Eugene has both Setpoint and ME and all is okay. (Win 7)

Maybe I will try to do this on Virtual Machine.

But, really, I and the other guys, have no time to do it right now.