Question about setup

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Cute lil utility. My problem is that every time I click on one of the icons in it, it takes me immediately to "Run Command" panel. I know a little about computers, NOT a lot, so taking me to that page--leaves me blank. I thought that all I had to do was click the icon & it would do the same thing as the icons on my desktop. Similar to something like the 'RocketDock' utility but with the ability to handle more stuff? I use Windows Vista & single click. If I can't get this thingy to work as easily as you've said; then I will simply "DELETE" it & look elsewhere for something that works.

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:27 PM

I been use ME For a long time now and have not seen this

How are you Add the Icons to ME 
Drag Drop ,running programs,Add File or Program?

Check the File location
Right Click a Icon and click Edit Item
What is i the First TextBox?

Jan 6, 2010 at 5:50 AM

presently it only happens when I try to access a folder thru 'add a folder' or my 'D' drive. I have gone back to RocketDock for those folders & opening up the 'D' drive, which is my main storage drive. I add the folder thru right click & add it's icon from windows explorer. Then when I try to access the folder from ME later, it brings up the Command Box.

Just adding programs is easy & they ALL work as they are supposed to. Only the "Folders" & extra drive, bring up Command.

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:20 PM

when in Windows Explorer right click the D Drive
then context menu will popup and list option to do  the default is in Bold, I'm guesing that yours will be default to Command prompt

to change it  in windows explorer click view menu then go to folder options
select the File Types Tab
Find the File Type That has Drive /Folder
Click Advanced
Select Explore and click Set Default

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:45 PM

i created an issue for this
Folder will open a Command prompt

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Hello ainsworth764!

Thank you for your feedback!

Can you, please, send us screenshot of what do you have on right click menu on any folder.

Also, please, list here details of your OS.

Thank you!

Alexander.